- In Reino de los Mallos Bike we want cyclists who comply with these good practices
- Respect and you will be respected:
- Respect the right of way on the trails. Remember, give way to hikers and riders: Be friendly, greet the people you meet on your route and make coexistence possible. Remember, you are a representative of the entire cycling community.
- Practice respectful riding: don’t go off the road, don’t shortcut, don’t modify the paths, avoid skidding and pedal when the terrain is very wet to avoid erosion on the roads…. Your fun can lead to problems with other users and a degradation of the trails with a high maintenance cost.
- Remember, our trails are not competition or downhill circuits. Avoid using APPs that promote competition on our trails to avoid accidents with other users.
- Help us to keep the trails in good condition. If you find any incident on your path such as signs or fallen trees, as well as stones or landslides, lend us a hand by removing them or informing us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come to our cleaning meetings and contribute with your grain of sand to make our space better. It is for your enjoyment and for the enjoyment of others.
- We welcome all types of bicycles, double, rigid and e-bikes, as long as they respect a speed of less than 20 km/hour on our paths.
- Be respectful of other activities in the mountains, especially hunting and livestock.
- Get information through our social networks about the areas and times of hunting.
- Do not disturb the livestock you find near your path. Help us to coexist with other users, coexistence is possible if there is respect.
- You are in an area of high ecological value. Do not disturb wildlife or wild flora.
- Avoid shouting excessively during your route so as not to disturb wildlife.
- Do not throw any kind of garbage on the ground, neither during your route nor when you are in an urban environment: Set a good example of your respect for the environment.
- In towns and on roads, respect private property and its owners.
- When crossing an urban area, reduce your speed, you may encounter children or elderly people on your way.
- Remember to close or leave as you have found the gates and cattle enclosures that you find on your way. Avoid that the livestock can escape by an absent-mindedness.
- As for security, remember that you are in a wild territory with little cell phone coverage.
- Plan your route according to your physical and technical level: Avoid going out alone and if you do, tell someone what route you are going to do. Always wear a helmet and carry enough food and hydration for your route, especially in hot weather.
- Remember the number in case of emergency is 112 and we recommend you to be federated or have some kind of accident and rescue insurance.
- Communicate your experience and share your photos and post of the route using our hastag #reinodelosmallosbike #territorioprepyr. This way you help us to spread our space, thank you very much.
- If you respect these rules, you help us all cyclists and destinations that are struggling to develop cycling in rural and natural environments of great value. That’s why your attitude is important and represents us all.